GCS has been a good and stable software solution for government contractors for years. It was first released in the mid-80’s, as System 1, with various capabilities added throughout the years. In or around 2000 the system was released as GCS Premier with a ‘gooey’ interface. Subsequently it was bundled, and then offered in the cloud as DFS-GovCon. Since then there have been no significant revisions to the product. The platform is not supported by Microsoft any longer, and GCS is now slated for de-supporting.
GCS Premier is a little like an older car. It gets you to work, it gets you home. You have maintained it over the years and it requires no major repair work. But now, it is getting hard to find the parts you need to keep it going. One major breakdown and you will have no way to get to work.
There are lots of reasons why you haven’t moved off GCS. Probably each one of you reading this will have a different top two reasons!
- I don’t want to change!! Change is uncomfortable, even if you are really looking forward to the change. The latest cell phone comes out, you buy it, now you have to figure out how to use all those great new features
- You can’t make me!! No one wants to be forced to change. By being proactive you can regain control of the situation by deciding how you will change.
- It is going to be expensive!! Moving to a new software system will require an investment of both time and money. When evaluating your options price will be a consideration. But when you see the features and reporting available in the new systems you will realize there are cost savings going forward, in processing and in having the information you need to run your business readily available. Like that new cell phone!!
- I am too busy!! You will want to invest some time in selecting your next software. There will be significantly fewer options if you need to make the decision when GCS is broken, and you are operating in emergency mode.
- I don’t know where to start?? You do have options. “Back in the day”, there was one and only one solution for government contractors in the market. Today, that is not the case. You will want to do your due diligence.
WJ Technologies is here to help you. We will meet with you to discuss your needs and what you would like to have in a new system. We partner with several software providers and will arrange the product demos and work with you on the evaluation process and then on the implementation of your new system.