Benefits and Compensation
Creating an environment where personal and professional goals are attained and exceeded is our mission at WJ Technologies. We offer a substantially subsidized suite of health and welfare benefits including: medical, dental, life insurance, AD&D, STD, and LTD, which can be customized for your particular needs. We offer a minimum of 4 weeks paid time off to all employees, with many employees being eligible for more. Employees may participate in our Flexible Spending accounts – health care and dependent care and our 401k retirement plan with firm matching contribution. Additionally, we provide extensive continuing education and training and our salaries are very competitive within the industry.
WJ Technologies, L.L.C. currently has an exciting career opportunity for a Staff Accountant in our Herndon, VA office. The Staff Accountant will work closely with client management to provide timely, efficient accounting and consulting support. You will be responsible for preparation of the daily and monthly activities of our clients’ accounting as well as prepare and coordinate year end close and post-closing activities. In addition, you will have responsibility to execute a wide range of services on various special projects with our government contractor clients. Normally this person will be working with 2-4 clients at any given time and performing time-management to prioritize the workload.
- General ledger analysis and reconciliations
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements and month-end analysis
- Payroll preparation, review, and reconciliation
- Calculation and/or review of indirect rates
- Budgeting and cashflow analysis
- Preparation of workpapers for clients and auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA license is a plus
- 1-2 years of recent experience in the government contract sector
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint, JAMIS Prime, Unanet and/or QuickBooks
- Experience with ADP, Paychex, Paylocity, or another payroll service provider, a plus
- Must have experience in financial statement preparation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Local travel MD, DC, VA
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Interested candidates should apply via this link and search Staff Accountant | Tracking Code 294005-834
CohnReznick is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.